Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Upcoming Show: "Art Quilts XVII: Integrating the Paradox" at Visions Gallery in Chandler, Arizona

This post is coming slightly later than it should, but I have been accepted the show "Art Quilts XVII: Integrating the Paradox," at the Chandler Center for the Arts in Arizona, and I thought I would put up a sampling of works by some of the other artists who will be participating in the show.  This show will feature work by many people whose work I admire, either because I already knew who they were and was thrilled to find out I would be in a show with them, or because as I was searching for their names on Google, I was surprised over and over again by the talent of these people I had not known about.

This show promises to be pretty darn fabulous, and I have to say I'm quite sad I won't be able to get out to Chandler to see it in person.  If you will be in the area, the works will be on view from November 2, 2012 through January 19, 2013 and you should absolutely check it out (I know, I say this about every show, but it keeps being true!)

Here's the art - some of these are the pieces that will appear in the show, while others are not the ones that will be included, but they should all brighten your day!


"A Rather Attractive Prison," by Pamela Allen
"Sketches #3" by Denise Linet
"Pair O Docks II" by Betty Hahn
"Thought Process 1" by Frances Murphy
"Jet in the Carina Nebula" by Jimmy McBride
"Voice of Experience" by Kathleen Kastles
"Winter's Charms" and "Convergence" by Laura Gaskin
"Delhi Commons" by Neera Huckvale
"The Poemfish" by Sandra Branjord
"Squirrel and Locust" by Sue Reno

"Parallax Patterns" by Sandy Donabed
And finally, here's my piece:
"Habitats" by Stella Belikiewicz

7 comments:

  1. Stella- great job! Wish I could see the show, but this is sure a close second! Thanks, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for bringing the show to us a bit! since most/all of what I know about art quilts is from you, it's so amazing to me to to see the range of what can be in one show. These are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and if you can imagine, there are actual FIFTY different artists participating, so this is just a small sample!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for putting this post together, Stella. What great diversity and talent on display!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stella,
    In Leiu of publishing a catalog for the show, I created a blog with entries for each artist.

    Yours is at http://artquiltsaz.blogspot.com/2012/12/stella-belikiewicz.html

    view them all at ArtQuiltsAZ.blogspot.com

    Enjoy and share!

    Adriene
    AdrieneBuffington.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way cool, thanks for putting together blog for the show! This has been the show that has been the most fun to participate in this year, without a doubt! And, I've got all kinds of plans to get in next time and actually sell some work or win an award, despite having absolutely no idea what the theme will be... (that's the kind of good inspiration it's great to have!)

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting on The Art of Inclusion!