Friday, April 20, 2012

New Quilt: "Welcome Complexities #1"

This is one of my many quilt projects that are finally finished after sitting around half-done for months and months while I had no idea what needed to be done next.  The quilt was in limbo for who knows how long, until one day I decided to apply my trusty "Just start attaching things and soon it will be fabulous" method.  Sure enough, after extensive embroidery, drawing, more embroidery and adding found objects with holes drilled in them, a finished quilt had emerged!
"Welcome Complexities #1"
Title: Welcome Complexities #1
Materials: inkjet printed cotton, found fabrics, sheer ribbon, found objects, beads, Swarovski crystals, embroidery, permanent marker, jewelry, laminated images
Dimensions: 13" by 9.5"
Date: 2012

Click on details below to view larger versions.


  1. Hi Stella I am presenting you with the Liebster Blog Award. Please head on over to my blog and check it out
    Cheers Pauline

  2. Ooh, awesome! I've seen that on a few blogs and wondered about it... Now, to the blogosphere, to solve this juicy mystery!

  3. a fabulous piece (as predicted~!).
    i sometimes use that methode to kick start things too

    i've discovered your blog by following links from your comment left on the quilting arts blog in regards to hand embroidery. it's always very nice to discover another hand stitcher~!



Thanks so much for commenting on The Art of Inclusion!